Hapuna Golf Course has it all – a rugged Hawaii beauty that comes of greens set amidst a dark lava field, seemingly endless ocean and coastline views, challenging play and a full range of facilities and services. The course is a favorite among vacationing guests and local residents alike.
We are excited to announce that the Hapuna Golf Course will be undergoing a greens resurfacing project beginning on June 1, 2018, and we will reopen on September 1, 2018, for the annual Hapuna Round-Up Pro-Am golf tournament. We invite you to join us at Mauna Kea Golf Course.
With its seemingly endless views and dramatic elevation changes beginning at sea level and rising to 700 feet, Hapuna Golf Course nestles into the rugged desert terrain above the west shore of Hawaii's Big Island. This Arnold Palmer / Ed Seay golf course is a championship "links-style" design that was built in 1992 and stretches to just under 6,900 yards. The Pacific Ocean serves as the picture perfect backdrop and can be seen from every hole.
Teeing off at just under 700 feet of elevation, the signature par 4, 12th hole provides one of the most spectacular panoramic views on Hawaii's Big Island - including Maui in the distance. Hapuna Golf Course has gained a reputation as a hidden gem and for that reason is always a local favorite. Hapuna's challenging play and environmental sensitivity make it one of Hawaii's most unique golf courses.
Hapuna Golf Course is within easy walking distance of The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort with a full range of facilities and services.
Course Map & Stats
Hapuna Golf Course (18 Holes)
Opened: September 1992
Architects: Arnold Palmer and Ed Seay
Director of Golf: Josh Silliman
- 3rd Hole: Par 5, 545 yards
- 9th Hole: Par 4, 435 yards
- 18th Hole: Par 4, 442 yards
Rates (subject to change without notice)
|Twilight Rate (1 PM)||$100||$90|
|Twilight (1 PM)||$125||$100|
|Senior Kama'aina Guest||$65||$55|
|Twilight Kama'aina (12 PM)||$55||$55|
- 2 rds @ Hapuna
- 1 rd @ Mauna Kea
- 3 rds @ Hapuna
- 2 rds @ Mauna Kea
Facilities & Services
- Driving Range
- Putting & Chipping Greens
- Practice Bunker
- Full-service Pro Shop, open daily 6:30am to 5:00pm
- Driving Range, open daily 7:00am to 4:30pm
- Locker Rooms
- Shower Facilities
- Fitness Center & Spa
- PGA Professionals on staff for private or group lessons and clinics.
- "Master the Mental Game" half-day school for all levels. $195 includes clubs, bag tag and more. Offered by Darrin Gee, creator of "Kolepa, the Spirit of Golf." Call (808) 887-6800.
- Tournament Services.
- Shoes and TaylorMade rental clubs available.
- Complimentary bottled water and practice balls with golf round.